Prof. RNDr. Petr Hermann, Ph.D.
Born 11/4/1963 in Karviná
Faculty of Science
Department of Inorganic Chemistry
Hlavova 2030, 128 43 Prague 2
tel.: +420 22195 1263
Undergraduate study: Department of Inorganic Chemistry, Charles University in Prague 1982 – 87; Diploma work: "Synthesis and coordination properties of ethylenediamine-N,N,N',N'-tetrakis[methylene(phenylphosphinic)] acid"
Graduate study: Department of Inorganic Chemistry, Charles University in Prague 1988 – 93; Thesis: "Phosphonodipeptides"
Department of Inorganic Chemistry, Charles University in Prague:
- Lecturer, 1992–2003
- Docent (Associate professor), 2004
- Professor, 2010
- Technical University, Gdansk, Poland, October – December 1990 guidance of Prof. J. Rachon Synthesis of optically pure aminoalkylphosphonic acids.
- University of Massachusets, Amherst, U.S.A., October 1993 – February 1995 guidance of Prof. L. D. Quin Reactivity of derivatives of metaphosphoric and metathiophosphoric acids, their esters and amides. Synthesis of their precursors.
- main field: inorganic chemistry - coordination chemistry
- other fields: synthesis of organophosphorus compounds; spectroscopy; potentiometry
- current research interest: coordination chemistry of macrocycles and aminophosphonic / aminophosphinic acids
Editorial board (inorganic chemistry)
- "Collection of Czechoslovak Chemical Communications" – since 1997