Welcome / Icebreaker
The pre-registration and the Welcome of participants (Icebreaker) will be on Sunday 20 May 2012. The programme of that late afternoon and evening is:
- Pre-registration of participants: between 16:30 and 19:00
- Welcome of participants ( the Icebreaker): between 18:00 and 20:00
Note that if you do not register on Sunday 20 May 2012, you will have to register at the conference venue (Albertov 6) on Monday 21 May in the morning, when registration starts at 7:30.
The pre-registration and the Welcome of participants (Icebreaker) – with music, snacks and drinks – will take place in the greenhouse (glasshouse) of the Botanical Garden of Charles University. The Botanical Garden of Charles University is located close to Karlovo náměstí. The main entrance is
Na Slupi 16
Prague 2 - Nove Mesto
[ merely for the sake of orientation: this is about 400 metres from the conference venue (Albertov 6) ]
Botanical Garden of Charles University is located in the Nove mesto (New Town) district of Prague
. It can be easily and fast reached by tram from the Old Town and New Town:
- by tram 18 - from Tesco Market, this is tram stop "Národní třída" (in Spálená street, 100 m from Národní třída), to tram stop "Na Slupi", or
- by tram 24 - from Wenceslas square (Vodičkova street) , to tram stop "Na Slupi", or
- by tram 7, from other districts of Prague.
You can also walk (about 5 minutes) from the nearest metro station "Karlovo náměstí" (Metro B, yellow line), along the tram lines 18 and 24, to the tram stop "Na Slupi".
The following two images give an impression of the greenhouse (glasshouse) of the Botanical Garden of Charles University…