tel (CZ): +420 220183369
Born on the 8th of June 1981 in Grudziadz, Poland.
|Jul 2016 – present
||Junior Group Leader, Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry ASCR, v.v.i., Prague, Czech Republic.
|Jul 2014 – present
||Assistant Professor, Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Science, Prague, Czech Republic.
|Sep 2013 – Jun 2014
||DAAD research fellow, Technische Universität Berlin, Department of Chemistry, Berlin, Germany.
|Apr 2010 – Sep 2013
||Postdoctoral researcher, University of Liverpool, Department of Chemistry, Liverpool, United Kingdom with Prof Andrew Cooper (U Liverpool).
|Jan 2009 – Mar 2010
||Postdoctoral researcher, Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Potsdam-Golm, Germany with Prof. Dr. Markus Antonietti (MPI-KGF) and Prof. Dr. Arne Thomas (TU Berlin).
|Jun 2006 – Aug 2006
||Research assistant, University of Cambridge, BP Institute for Multiphase Flow, Cambridge, United Kingdom with Dr Stuart Clarke (U Cambridge).
||Master of Arts (Cantab), University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom.
|Oct 2006 – Jan 2009
||Doctor rerum naturalium (Dr. rer. Nat.) thesis, Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces,
Potsdam-Golm, Germany. Dissertation: “On new allotropes and nanostructures of carbon nitrides” with Prof. Dr. Markus Antonietti (MPI-KGF). [Download]
|Oct 2005 – Jul 2006
||Master of Natural Science (Cantab), University of Cambridge,
Cambridge, United Kingdom. Title: “Phase behaviour of binary mixtures of undecylamine and undecanoic acid in the bulk and in their monolayer on graphite” with Dr Stuart Clarke (U Cambridge).
|Oct 2002 – Jul 2005
||Bachelor of Arts (Cantab), University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom.
|1992 – 2001
||Abitur, Ravensberger Gymnasium Herford, Herford, Germany.
||Polish, German, English, French.
Academic Honours and Awards
Supervision of Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows
|2015 – present
||One (1) Postdoctoral Fellow, Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Science, Prague, Czech Republic.
|2014 – present
||Two (2) Phd Students, Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Science, Prague, Czech Republic.
|2009 – 2010
||Two (2) Master Students, Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Potsdam-Golm, Germany.
Professional Membership and Activity
|2016 – present
||Editorial Board Member, ChemistrySelect, Wiley-VCH.
|2010 – present
||Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry (MRSC).
||Reviewing Board, Partnership Programme – Joint Applied Research Projects – PCCA 2011, Romanian National Council for Research and Development.
||Referee in Nature Chemistry, Nature Communications, J. Am. Chem. Soc., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., ChemSusChem, ChemCatChem, ChemPlusChem, Chem. Mater., J. Mater. Chem. A, Chem. Eur. J., Chem. Eng. J. etc.
Lectures and Invited Talks
- 2D OR NOT 2D? LAYERED FUNCTIONAL MATERIALS “BEYOND GRAPHENE”, Materials Research Institute Events, Queen Mary University of London, London, UK. Host: M. Titrici
- 2D or not 2D? Functional Carbon Nitride Materials “Beyond Graphene”, AEM2016, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK.
- “Covalent Triazine-based frameworks – Cooler ways to solid-state gas storage materials”, IUPAC MACRO2012 World Polyer Congress, Virginia Tech Campus, Blacksburg, VA, USA. Host: chair invite
- “Functional Nanomaterials in Zero-, Two- and Three-Dimensions”, Alumni-Meeting, Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Potsdam-Golm, Germany. Host: M. Antonietti
- “Functional nanomaterials – organic chemistry taken to two- and three-dimensions”, University College London, Department of Chemistry, London, United Kingdom. Host: P. McMillan, F. Cora
- “Designing porosity in functional organic materials”, Polymerwissenschaftliches Seminar, Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing, Berlin, Germany. Host: A. Bertin, A. Schönhals [Abstract]
- “Porous Organic Cages: Modular Assembly of Functional Molecular Crystals and Amorphous Materials”, Trends in Colloid & Interface Science (TICI), Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Potsdam-Golm, Germany. Host: G. Brezesinski
- “TIME TO MOVE ON – Studium und Forschung in Großbritannien”, Universität Bielefeld, Fakultät für Chemie, Bielefeld, Germany. Host: E. Diemann
- “On new allotropes and nanostructures of carbon nitrides”, University of Ulm, Central Facility of Electron Microscopy, Electron Microscopy Group of Materials Science, Ulm, Germany. Host: U. Kaiser
Community Service and Other Activities
|2008 – present
||Member of Amnesty International Deutschland.
||450 km sponsored walk for the Thai Child Development Foundation, Amphur Phato, Changwat Chumpon, Thailand.
|Jul 2005 – Aug 2005
||Tsunami relief effort with Greenway Thailand, Chumphon province, Thailand.
||Feet of Endurance, 450 km walk for “Care in the City”, St. John Ambulance, Cambridgeshire, UK.
|2001 – 2002
service as navy-medic, 5./MVS Marineversorgungsschule, List/Sylt,
Germany and Sportmedizinisches Institut der Bundeswehr, Warendorf, Germany.