Partnerships & Collaborations
- Academic Partners: Cooperation with many academic research groups in the Czech Republic as well as in Europe through collaborative projects.
- Important cooperation with J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry and Institute of Inorganic Chemistry from Academy of Science, Prague, Czech Republic
Current grants and projects of our group
- EU project OP VVV “Excellent Research Teams”, project No. CZ.02.1.01/0.0/0.0/15_003/0000417 – CUCAM, starting in 2016.
- European grant Horizon (HORIZON-CL4-2021-RESILIENCE-01-20):
Development of Antimicrobial, Antiviral, and Antifungal Nanocoatings for Everyday Surfaces (Miria)
- Technological Agency of Czech Republic, No. FW04020054: Nanofiber Materials with Antimicrobial Function Activated by Visible Light
Foundations of Start-up
LAM_X (Light activated nanomaterials fighting infections) https://lam-x.tech
Mission of LAM_X
Development of new photoactive nanomaterials (polymer nanofiber membranes and nanoparticles) generating highly antimicrobial species (O2(1Δg)), NO radicals and/or I2/I3–) for visible light-activated sterilization and other antibacterial and antiviral applications in medicine (surgical masks, wound covering etc.).